Turning Your Farming Community into a City-State
After clearing land in your biome, you were able to develop the beginnings of your city-state. These farming settlements provide the food needed for your community grow. Improvements in farming techniques and methods allow for a division of labor. These new jobs and laborers are the fabric builders of your great city state. Analyzing this step in history requires you to document the efforts of these times. The question below will direct you in this endeavor.
Describe the set-up of your farming community.
- What is the name of the river that it was built on?
- How did you change the physical features of your biome to suit your needs?
- What are the roles of people in your community?
- Provide a general description of the location and dwellings.
Transition to a City Center
1. How will your farming communities be incorporated into your city center?
2. How will your city center design support the safety and development of your civilization?
Following the discussion, the Digital Maker constructs their city-center using their discussion to guide his/her building. They are asked to focus on security and growth as they build.
City Center Elements:
- living quarters
- water source
- unique feature
Throughout the process, students documented their progress by taking pictures of their creations. They also provided a written rationale to support their decisions and construction.